8/7/09

Real Men

My Pastor preached a sermon on August 5 with the Title of "The Measure of a Man". He started by asking what makes a man and quickly ruled out all of the obvious answers. It is not his muscles, his appearance, his height, his shoe size, his level of education, his job. So what makes a man a real man?

A real man is spirit filled. He is in touch with God and on fire for the Lord. He is willing to say Thy will be done. He follows God's leading without complaint or thought of himself and his wants.

A real man is a servant. He is willing to put others first. He is willing to help out when he is needed. He volunteers instead of waiting to be asked. He cares about the details. He does things instead of talking about them.

A real man is a soldier. He doesn't run from problems. He runs right toward the fight and gets things done. He leads his family, his work mates, his class. He jumps right in with no fear. He's not a wimp.

Why do I share this? Because God wants men! America needs men! Our churches need men! Our families need men! But we are not raising men. We are not raising girls who look for men. We must make the effort to teach our boys how to be men. We must teach our girls what traits to look for in a mate. We must prepare the next generation. If we don't teach our children, who will?!?!?

My prayer for my family is that I would support my husband in being a real man, that we would prayerfully teach our 4 boys how to be real men , and that we would teach our three girls what to look for to find a real man. My prayer for each person reading this is that you, too, will raise real men and girls searching for real men so that America will return to her roots!

No comments:

Hello and welcome. My name is Jeannette and my husband Rick and I have 7 kids- Devin age 14, Sierra age 12, Mackenzie age 10, Tanner age 8, Keegan age 6, Skyler age 4, and Kaden 21 months . We homeschool and hope you enjoy this glimpse into our lives.